Granular Impregnated Activated Carbon
GC IPSg is a granular coconut shell, steam activated carbon that has been impregnated with sulfur. This product is manufactured to provide superior mercury removal performance when treating natural gas, air, hydrogen or other gas streams.
|Particle Size, Mesh:||4×8|
|Sulfur Content, %:||13 (min)|
|Hardness, %:||97 (min)|
|Moisture, % (as packaged):||3 (max)|
|Surface Area (pre-impregnated), m2/mg:||1000 (min)|
|Carbon Tetrachloride Activity, % (base):||60 (min)|
|Apparent Density, g/ml:||0.48 – 0.52|
|Typical Mercury Capacity, %:||65 (weight)|
- Greater total capacity for mercury adsorption.
- Near virgin CCL4 activity of the impregnated carbon for superior organic removal.
- Greater stability of the mercuric sulfide formed on the carbon ensures that mercury will not leave into the environment from the spent carbon.
- Superior moisture resistance ensures product performance on high humidity waste streams.
- Superior temperature resistance ensures product performance at elevated temperatures.
- Improved adsorption kinetics allows for faster adsorption and less carbon is required on-line.
*Standard packaging is in 55lb and 1,100lb vinyl bags. Other packaging is available upon request with an additional cost.
Wet activated carbon removes oxygen from air causing a severe hazard to workers inside carbon vessels. Confined space/low oxygen procedures should be put in place before any entry is made. Such procedures should comply with all applicable Local, State, and Federal guidelines.